OpenGeofiction

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.


You are here » OpenGeofiction » General » The forum


The forum

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

1

How should this forum be set up? By topic ... by country ... in some other way?

2

udi wrote:

How should this forum be set up? By topic ... by country ... in some other way?


I thought each collaborative territory could start with its own thread (e.g. one for Commonia, one for Gobrassanya) and then if that gets too difficult to keep track of I could create separate forums. Any general chat about collaborative matters can go in a thread in the general forum.

3

Myrcia wrote:

I thought each collaborative territory could start with its own thread (e.g. one for Commonia, one for Gobrassanya) and then if that gets too difficult to keep track of I could create separate forums. Any general chat about collaborative matters can go in a thread in the general forum.


Agreed! And I think there should be an area for people to post about their own projects in their countries and/or collaborations, just like Luciano's bliki (for those who are not comfortable doing it on the wiki).

4

deltanz wrote:

Agreed! And I think there should be an area for people to post about their own projects in their countries and/or collaborations, just like Luciano's bliki (for those who are not comfortable doing it on the wiki).


I agree, I might make a forum to allow people to post diaries.

5

So: it looks like the forum could basically be divided into two sections.

1. The General threads.

2. The Diaries.  Here individual users can post anything related to their country, examples of their work, requests for collaboration etc. Here users can post examples of their work.

3. Global Events and Collaboration. Here users can discuss international events or worldwide

I would like to make this much clearer and less open to interpretation: posts about users' countries should not be in a 'diary': they should be on a country page. I don't think there is a need to have a 'diary' here at all. The General thread could be for 'meta' discussions (e.g. like this one). But almost everything else fits into either 'countries' or 'collaboration'. So I would propose that the diaries be renamed 'countries' or 'country feedback', 'country diaries'. Also, I think 'blue countries' could very easily be incorporated into the country threads.

Last edited by udi (2017-01-16 18:14:26)

6

udi wrote:

So: the forum could basically be divided into three sections.

1. The Country threads. Here individual users can post anything related to their country.

2. The Diaries. Here users can post examples of their work.

3. Global Events and Collaboration. Here users can discuss international events or worldwide

I would like to make this much clearer and less open to interpretation: posts about users' countries should not be in a 'diary': they should be on a country page. I don't think there is a need to have a 'diary' here at all; I can't actually think of anything we really need to post that doesn't fit into either 'countries' or 'collaboration', except maybe for 'meta' discussions (e.g. like this one). So I would propose that the diaries be incorporated into the two other sections. Also, I think 'blue countries' could very easily be incorporated into the country threads.

Last edited by udi (Today 18:08:39)


I'm sure there'll be tweaking as things go along.

7

Yes - just tweaked my post, as I confused myself.

1. Countries

2. Collaboration

Clearer?


You are here » OpenGeofiction » General » The forum