OpenGeofiction

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » OpenGeofiction » Global Events and Collaboration » January Islands (Disputed Sovereignty - Mahhal vs Neo Delta)

January Islands (Disputed Sovereignty - Mahhal vs Neo Delta)

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

As part of the January collaboration challange, I have been working with Diogo (user deltanz) making a set of islands where a "hot war" (or several) will have played out in the history of the two nations, and where present-day tensions add interest to our world.

In the development of these islands, I have reached a point where the location has been approved by the admin team and so now I want to make sure they are geophysically realistic. Therefore I'm seeking feedback - see my bliki entry.

I'm very excited about this project! One of the most interesting aspects of OGF, in my opinion, is the attempt to recreate diplomatic situiations that we can find in our world. What are countries without conflicts and cooperation? Neo Delta seems to be a quite isolated country due to its location (and the current absence of its closest neighbours, whose owners seem to be busy in real life), so the issue with Mahhal is more than welcome!

You already got my feedback, that I'm really happy with the current state of the islands. I would only add a few "beaches", which would not be sandy, due to the recent formation of the islands, but could be tagged as "scree". Those few places would serve as natural ports or settlement areas. Anyway, I think this could be done at any other moment by any of us in the mapping process, if you think that's ok! :)

Perhaps better to discuss in Luciano's bliki, or this could get very confusing...

udi wrote:

Perhaps better to discuss in Luciano's bliki, or this could get very confusing...

Just pasted there as well!

You are here » OpenGeofiction » Global Events and Collaboration » January Islands (Disputed Sovereignty - Mahhal vs Neo Delta)